GB3MX Located on VHF 145.6375 mhz with a minus 0.6 split. The FM side uses a ctcss tone of 77hz – C4FM uses Digial ID 00 (default)
Located Near Maryport, Cumbria.
This is a multimode repeater. A Yaesu DR2 with automatic switching enabled. So what ever you TX into it, it will switch to that mode. (both modes cant be used at the same time so if you hear someone using the other mode, its generally not a good idea to TX on another mode.
- C4FM / Digital will run over the cumbriaCQ network. This is internet linked to the various systems i have running. (no ctcss Tones are needed for digital. Just transmit in DGID 00
- FM (analogue) mode of the repeater, runs in STANDALONE REPEAT mode only. This mode will NOT be internet linked to another system. Just check that the DIGITAL mode is not in use before using FM as only 1 can work at anyone time. A ctcss Tone of 77hz is needed to open the Repeater
- WiresX. The Repeater is permanently connected to cumbriaCQ Wires X Room 89134. This ONLY works on the C4FM Digital Mode ONLY.
- YSF and Interlinking: In C4FM mode (Digital) the repeater will connect to all of the other various links over YSF. Connected YSF nodes can be seen here. For a list of current or past users of the C4FM network can be found here
- KNOWN BUG / ANNOYANCE: Users of the interlinks / internet link will NOT know if the FM side of the repeater is in use. This is an annoying issue, but when someone TX’s on Digital it might interrupt your FM QSO’s and theres nothing I can do at the moment for this situation. The repeater is setup to retransmit what ever it receives, be it FM or C4FM.
GB3MX Replaces my old UHF GB7CU Repeater
Setting up your radios
Yaesu Multimode Radios:
I suggest programming your radio with the Multimode option enabled. This is normally indicated by a RED line under the FM or DN Icon on the radio screen. the – symbol represents multimode is enabled on your radio
None Digital Radios (analogue FM radios)
I strongly recommend setting up your radio on the frequency with the decode and enclose settings enabled so that ONLY the tone of 77hz opens your radio up. If you don’t do this, you will receive the digital noise when the C4FM digital side is in use.
You can achieve this by enabling ctcss of 77hz on both the RX and TX of the radio.
None C4FM / Other Digital Radios
These wont work on Digital direct RF to the repeater. The Repeater is only set to decode C4FM. I do have other digital modes enables but you will need to buy some sort of MMDVM board, Pi Star or Openspot to use this. More info on the website about the other ways to access